This Is Not A Simulation!
The coronavirus has a major impact on society and economy. Also the creative industry is heavily affected. Revenue models of the sector are not sturdy enough to withstand adversity, not even for a short time. The sector lacks reserves and resilience, besides that the sector does not yet seem to have an answer to a permanently changed living and working situation.
In the coming period 'This Is Not A Simulation!' will cover a number of themes in the form of a 'live' magazine formed by an independent, constantly changing editorial board. After three weeks, the results will be presented publicly to the next editorial board, which will take over from there. The activities arising from the various editorial boards will be shared during Dutch Design Week 2020.
- How are we going to collaborate in a better and different way in the future?
- Which business models are more resistant to adversity?
- How do we create new forms of commissioning?
- How can we better secure design power for urgent social challenges?
- How can we as a creative industry better organize ourselves?
- How can talent position itself better, more diverse, inclusive and international?
Wednesday 3 June 'Livecast' by Pakhuis de Zwijger
On Wednesday 3 June This Is Not A Simulation! kicks off with the launch of ideas for the programme of the first editorial board, consisting of Martijn de Waal, Pauline van Dongen, Jeroen van de Eijnde, Kevin de Randamie, Afaina de Jong and Antoinette Hoes. The programme starts at 14:00 under the direction of moderator Saskia van Stein. Speakers include Tina Lenz, Nadine Ridder and Magriet Koedooder.
The intellectual proceeds of This Is Not A Simulation! will eventually be made available to the public domain under a creative commons license.
Check out the recording of the livecast below: