We are initially looking for people who want to write, photograph or contribute creatively and/or contemplatively in some way for Dutch Design Week and/or Dutch Design Foundation.
In September, we are happy to issue an initial assignment to five new voices. Concretely: create a piece in which you reflect on two of the ten programme lines introduced by Dutch Design Week this year. Propose a creative form and content approach. For example, in the form of a column, a (visual) essay or a podcast. We will formulate together what shape this can take during three specific moments: before, during and after DDW23. We will provide a specific briefing and discuss the fee once we have reviewed all applications and invited you for a collaboration.
If you are not selected for this first assignment, we will also get back to you. Who knows, we may see other opportunities for collaboration.
We look forward to great new collaborations, perspectives and reflections!
- You are not yet working (commissioned by) for Dutch Design Foundation / Dutch Design Week.
- You are able to research, reflect and collaborate independently.
- You have affinity with and (basic) knowledge of design as a discipline.
- You have demonstrable experience in your discipline; please present at least two strong examples of your work or concept(s) in both form and content.
- Motivation and powerful work are more important to us than years of experience or a degree.
- We like to be surprised. We therefore invite creators from all disciplines and of all ages and backgrounds to respond.
[who we are and what we offer]
- DDW invites experimentation and deepening and represents the breadth of the design field. We are interested in collaborating with other professional disciplines.
- Dutch Design Week offers makers guidance, final editing and a stage and network in the design field and with collaborating parties.
- Dutch Design Foundation works according to the Fair Practice guidelines.
- You will be working with a dedicated team.
- We believe in the forward momentum of design. DDW is about the design of the future and the future of design.
- DDW wants to encourage dialogue about the development of the profession and the meaning and power of design in current issues.
Apply via email@example.com with your motivation, experience [cv or up-to-date LinkedIn] and at least two projects. Deadline 14 August.