Digital technologies are changing the way we communicate with one another and experience the world. Explore what is happening at the cutting edge of technology and digitalisation, and how it will impact our physical and virtual interactions.
How digital design can contribute to do better.
In today’s world we face a lot of challenges: climate change, health, social inequality, and conflict, to name a few. With programme partner Dutch Digital Design we give you an insight into how we can do better, and how (Dutch) digital design can contribute to ‘The Greater Number’, this year’s theme of DDW.
During the pandemic, we saw that digital design can play a massive role in creating desired behaviours for example. Together we will explore ideas that could initiate a greater number of changes. In a session with LUMO Labs, Space&Matter, and Serendipity they show how digitization, progressive design, and innovation can help design sustainable, resilient cities.
• Thijs Biersteker | Ecological artist
• Natasha Greenhalgh | Co-Founder & Creative Director Nxt Museum
• Harald Dunnink | Co-Founder & Creative Director Momkai
• Martijn Gastkemper | Senior back-end developer at GRRR
• Martijn Smeels | Process coordinator municipal educational facilities at the City of Amsterdam
• Maxine Penney | Diversity, equity and inclusion in the EMEA & APAC region at Media.Monks
• Jonas Onland | Managing Partner at Serendipity
• Tjeerd Haccou | Founding Partner of Space&Matter
• Andy Lürling | Founder of LUMO Labs
• Izzy Sayers | The Next Web and Mischief Makers
09:30 | Doors open at Fifth, The Stage (NRE Terrein, Gasfabriek 5, Eindhoven)
10:00 | Start DDW Talks
13:00 | Start light lunch at Fifth
14:00 | End programme
Good to know:
- The DDW Talks include coffee and tea during the break and a light lunch
- The programme will be spoken in English
- Upon entry you need to show your 'Coronavirus Entry Pass'/'Coronatoegangsbewijs' + ID
About the partners
• Programme Partner: Dutch Digital Design
Dutch Digital Design is a collective that shares the very best Dutch digital work created by designers and agencies from the Netherland, selected by their curators, to attract new business, partnerships and talent. DDD’s network of speakers promotes their Dutch Digital Design vision at events around the globe.
• Media Partner: Adformatie
Adformatie (part of Sijthoff Media Groep) is a Dutch trade magazine and website about advertising, marketing, communication, and media. The magazine is published several times a year.
• Business Partners: LUMO Labs, Space&Matter and Serendipity
LUMO Labs creates opportunities for impact-driven ventures in emerging technologies.
Space&Matter is a design studio specialized in sustainable architecture, circular area development and vision-making.
Serendipity is a management consulting company that helps to build and create a global network of sustainable and resilient cities.