Design objects have an ever-changing role in the world of galleries and exhibitions. Discover how design intersects with art and history, the trends in contemporary collecting, and the business behind the collectible design market.
Dive into the world of contemporary design.
Together with our partners ELLE Decoration NL and Catawiki we will dive into the world of collectable design and speak to designers and experts about how the pandemic affected their work, perspective, and way of working.
In addition to this programme, Catawiki will present an online exclusive DDW Auction on their platform.
• Tineke Beunders and Nathan Wierink | The designers of Ontwerpduo and APTUM Customized Lighting Creations
• Audrey Large | designer and Dutch Design Awards nominee
• Nadine van den Bosch | Co-founder and programme manager of Young Collectors Circle
• Liv Vaisberg | Owner of Liv Vaisberg Office for Art & Design and founder of the COLLECTIBLE fair
• Federica van Adrichem | Category Manager of applied arts and design at Catawiki
• Frank Engel | Vice president and general manager art and antiques at Catawiki
Evelien Reich | Editor in Chief, ELLE Decoration NL
09:30 | Doors open at Fifth, The Stage (NRE Terrein, Gasfabriek 5, Eindhoven)
10:00 | Start DDW Talks
13:00 | Start light lunch at Fifth
14:00 | End programme
Good to know:
- The DDW Talks include coffee and tea during the break and a light lunch
- The programme will be spoken in English
- Upon entry, you need to show your 'Coronavirus Entry Pass'/'Coronatoegangsbewijs' + ID
About the partners
• Programme Partner: Catawiki
Catawiki is a leading online auction marketplace to buy and sell special objects. Over 250,000 objects - art, design, collectibles, jewellery, classic cars and much more - are on sale every month and viewed by +10 million unique visitors. Catawiki's mission is to fulfil people’s passions by connecting them to the objects they love.
• Media Partner: ELLE Decoration
ELLE Decoration NL is the leading Dutch title in the field of interior and design. Which trends will dominate the aesthetics of the coming years? Where can you find the most sublime design pieces? Which interiors inspire you to make your home even more beautiful? Which designers create groundbreaking work? ELLE Decoration knows and reports.
Over DDW Talks & Routes
Sun 17 Oct | DDW Talks: Future Cities
Mon 18 Oct | DDW Talks: Sustainable Products
Tue 19 Oct | DDW Talks: Connected Living
Wed 20 Oct | DDW Talks: Designing Society
Thu 21 Oct | DDW Talks: Contemporary Icons
Fri 22 Oct | DDW Talks: Adapted Realities
Sat 23 Oct | DDW Talks: Eco Pioneers
Sun 24 Oct | DDW Talks: Interactive Experiences
To all Talks a route through Eindhoven is connected too! Check it out: