Achieving our EQUAL SOCIETY
inclusion: ageing • participation • DEI • governance • education
connected: social cohesion • wider prosperity • society • data • information • knowledge sharing • legality
safety: privacy • behavioural change • system change • trust • democratisation
To achieve an equal society, we must (re)design systems and interactions that value everyone equally. Safety, inclusivity and connection are central themes here. Below is a selection of the work to be showcased during DDW23. Projects that focus on how to interact with each other, with mindsets and methods that are aimed at developing a safe and connected society.
- Strijp-S | Rising Lai | Brick: a medium to reveal (de)colonial history →
An educational toy, research zine, and interactive website reveal how colonial dominance was represented through brick(laying).
- Strijp-S | RK Collective | Crafted Liberation →
An exhibition by women of Iran, repurposing their head scarves into stadium seats to highlight their resilience and quest for gender equality.
- Strijp-S | Simon Dogger and Boey Wang | Design Beyond Vision →
Design Beyond Vision presents its research into a multi-sensory, playful installation that reveal Inclusive Design from a sense of touch and hearing.
- Strijp-S | Stichting DRIP | DRIP040 →
The DRIP Foundation believes that all children and youth deserve equal opportunities. Without social pressure, without judgement, without distinction.
- Strijp-S | World Design Embassies | Embassy of Inclusive Society & Embassy of Safety →
The Embassy of Inclusive Society asks the question: the society we live in seems to embrace diversity, but is the work being done to actually become more just? In the Embassy of Safety we are going to look for new ways of making and making amends.
- Centre | United Cowboys & Guests | Future Repair Machine →
A group exhibition exploring 'repair' as a process to trigger change.
- Canal | Kade Clubhuis | Kadesino →
A moment to come together in dance and play. An exciting experience where you play for alluring samples, intriguing try-outs, and exclusive prototypes.
- Centre | International Creative Women | Portray Me →
In a world where visual cues often shape our initial perceptions, Portray Me creates a space that encourages unbiased connections by eliminating the reliance on visual and auditive cues.
- Strijp-S | MU Hybrid Art House | TIMELESSTIME →
The complex experience of time and timelessness, lack of time and eternal value is at the heart of TIMELESSTIME by MAISON the FAUX.