Applications for accreditation have been steadily rising in recent years. In order to serve the visiting members of the press in the best way possible, we are introducing a few new criteria and regulations this year.
To apply for press accreditation you will need an official letter (PDF or JPEG) from your assigning editor confirming your assignment to cover Dutch Design Week.
If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers and videographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are no longer considered valid assignments. Please note that publication or (re)selling to third parties of photographs taken during DDW without an assignment is not permitted without the consent of the exhibitor or the organiser.
If you have reported about DDW before, you may expect a personal invitation for DDW23. If this is not the case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting April 3rd, you can log into your My DDW account and apply for press accreditation by selecting PRESS in the menu on the lefthand side. Please follow the steps and fill in the form completely. Please note that also returning journalists will now have to provide an official confirmation letter.
First Time Press Accreditations
First time visitors of DDW need to create a My DDW account. Make sure to select Media Professional in the process to gain access to the press accreditation form. After completing your My DDW account you can apply for press accreditation: Select PRESS in the menu on the left hand side and start your application process.
Accreditation Criteria and Guidelines
When filling in the online form, please make sure to fill in all the fields. During the online accreditation process, you will be asked to upload supporting documents. Please find the requirements for different types of press below.
Printed and Online Media
- Please provide an official confirmation letter (PDF or JPEG) from your assigning editor confirming your assignment to cover Dutch Design Week. Please provide information on the type, extent and publication date of the planned coverage at DDW.
- Please provide past coverage of DDW (for returning journalists) or coverage of other design-related events (for first-timers) in the assigned medium, signed with your name.
- If applicable, provide the same for other affiliations for which you want to cover DDW.
Radio, Podcasts & (Web)TV
- Please provide an official confirmation letter (PDF or JPEG) from your assigning editor confirming your assignment to cover Dutch Design Week, stating the intention to broadcast your reports and including information about the programme (e.g. frequency, date and time of the broadcast(s)), names and functions of the crew members to be accredited.
- Each crew member will have to apply for accreditation individually, but the confirmation letter providing the information stated above can be the same.
- Please provide proof of (recent) coverage of DDW (for returning journalists) or coverage of other design-related events (for first-timers) in the assigned medium, signed with your name.
- Please provide an official confirmation letter (PDF or JPEG) from your assigning editor or agency director confirming your assignment to cover Dutch Design Week stating the intention to publish. Please provide information on the type, extent and publication date of the planned coverage.
- Please provide proof of (recent) publications (online or in print media) with photos, copyrighted by you and/or your agency.
Press Agency / Agents
- Please provide an official letter of confirmation (PDF) from your agency director and/or the participating studio or designer, containing all the information on who you will be representing this year at Dutch Design Week.
- Accredited journalists are expected to announce and cover Dutch Design Week 2023 in their affiliated medium.
- Please send your published DDW23 coverage to email@example.com as soon as possible. We reserve the right to (partially) base future renewal of accreditation on having received your coverage.
- Please keep us updated via firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes in your affiliation or contact details.
- Requests for accreditation will only be considered when submitted via this official process, by having the online form completed no later than 2 October 2023. The approval of requests submitted after this date, requests sent via email or walk-up requests during DDW23 can not be guaranteed.
- Only actively covering media will be considered for credentials. Influencers, analysts, market researchers, trend watchers, marketing / advertising firms, brand content producers, gallerists, participants, etc. are not included in the DDW definition of media. If you fall into this category, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, please provide an official letter of assignment from your editor.
- Press accreditation will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. DDW reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. This decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- Please allow us 15 business days to evaluate your request.