As the boundaries between design and science increasingly blur, find out how biology is being harnessed to create products, processes and environments in synergy with the natural world.
A different biodiversity based on design.
The influence of humans on the earth can hardly be underestimated. Think of climate change, deforestation, and the decline of biodiversity. We are heading for a sixth mass extinction, but it is not too late!
Can we imagine a form of biodiversity based on design? Can we use technology for a natural future? Together with moderator Ruben Baart (editor-in-chief of Next Nature Network) we explore how to design for a world where biodiversity is declining and where the boundaries between design and science syncretize.
• Koert van Mensvoort | Artist and philosopher
• Sophia Crespo | Generative artist
• Dougal Dixon | Geologist, paleontologist, educator, and author
• Sophie Falkeis | Multidisciplinary designer and DDW participant
• Cécilia Gross | Architect partner, director of VenhoevenCS, and DDW participant
• Max Latour | Experimental designer at Urban Reef, and DDW participant
Ruben Baart | Editor-in-chief Next Nature Network
09:30 | Doors open at Fifth, The Stage (NRE Terrein, Gasfabriek 5, Eindhoven)
10:00 | Start DDW Talks
13:00 | Start light lunch at Fifth
14:00 | End programme
Good to know:
- The DDW Talks include coffee and tea during the break and a light lunch
- The programme will be spoken in English
- Upon entry you need to show your 'Coronavirus Entry Pass'/'Coronatoegangsbewijs' + ID
About the partners
• Programme Partner: Next Nature Network
Next Nature Network is a network of makers, thinkers, educators and supporters. With members in 44 countries, they are the international network for anyone interested in the debate on our future – in which biology and technology are fusing.
• Media Partner: nomad
nomad is a magazine that promotes issues concerning quality of life, sustainability and society by curating the ideas of a growing global creative community. Inspired by the forward-thinking approaches of creative visionaries, eco-pioneers, artists, authors, architects, entrepreneurs and designers worldwide, nomad magazine seeks out new perspectives to shape our local and global life towards a valuable future. In this sense, we are all nomads.