With their ability to create and solve problems, designers have a positive impact on the complex challenges of tomorrow. The selection committee examines all the application based on this belief and the following criteria:
- The project is design related.
- The project is topical/recent and has not been seen at DDW before.
- The project is innovative and/or contributes to existing ideas.
- The project is well-considered and thought out and ready for presentation.
- The project is original, distinctive or experimental in both idea and execution.
The selection committee encourages submissions that originate from a cooperation between designers, commerce, experts, industry and /or knowledge institutes.