Submitted projects are assessed by the selection committee. Its task is to select projects that meet the following, determining, criteria:
- The project is design related.
- The project is contemporary (thought up, created or made in the period 2019-2020) and not previously on show at DDW.
- The project is innovative and/or adds to existing ideas.
- The project is well considered, thought through and ready for presentation.
- The project is in both idea and execution original and distinctive, or experimental.
The selection committee encourages projects that stem from a cooperation between designers, commerce, experts, industry and/or knowledge institutes.